West Bergen provides a comprehensive group treatment program designed to meet the needs of adults experiencing difficulty in managing their anger.
While anger is a normal human response to stress, frustration, pain and fear, it can create a lot of problems for people who lack the tools to manage it properly. The behavior of a person who is unable to effectively cope with his or her anger can result in a cycle of difficulties which include a failure to maintain personal relationships, problems at work, self-medication, and legal matters related to unrestrained aggression.
The Anger Management Program at West Bergen helps clients to learn the following anger management skill set:
• Identifying the ways in which their anger has cost them
• Identifying situations (triggers) which lead to their anger
• Identifying mental distortions which intensify their anger
• Proven methods for appropriately expressing anger
• Techniques for dealing with criticism and enhancing self esteem
The Anger Management Program at West Bergen offers a full spectrum of psychotherapy treatments which include:
• Comprehensive Consultation with Masters Level counselors
• Individual, Family, Marital and Substance Abuse Counseling
• Medication Evaluation and Management.
Comments from clients who attended the West Bergen Anger Management Program:
“West Bergen maintains a supportive environment for me to learn and grow”
“I feel the staff is concerned and compassionate about their clients”
“This program has really improved my quality of life and my relationships with family and friends “